SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Has anyone tried acupuncture?  (Read 943 times)

marshall

Has anyone tried acupuncture?
« on: March 01, 2017, 01:26:40 AM »
Hey, I have been to several doctors over the past few years. But, none of them were able to find a cure for my back pain. I am tired of taking painkillers and I am searching for some alternative medical treatments. I have heard that acupuncture is very effective in treating back pain. A friend of mine asked me to undergo a natural healing process in Toronto. I am sick of using antibiotics and have also read that the overuse of antibiotics can cause severe harm in the future. Is there anybody over here who has undergone acupuncture treatment? I have heard that acupuncture involves the usage of needles. I am even scared to have injections. Does it hurt?

Offline aida lega

Re: Has anyone tried acupuncture?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 12:34:11 AM »
Hi marshall,
Please read Healing Back Pain from Dr. John Sarno, or any of his books. I hope this works!

Offline Murrgon

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 06:08:09 PM »
This post is a few weeks old now, so hopefully I'm not too late.

I can say that, like a lot of things, acupuncture can work or not depending a lot on what you believe in.  As mentioned in "You are the placebo", you can just as easily make matters worse for yourself as make them better in what you believe about the treatment you are receiving.

I have had acupuncture for some sinus issues.  This was a long standing sinus issue that I had had for several years and it would manifest itself through excruciating pressure above my right eye whenever flying or swimming under water.

I have no problem with needles.  I should also say that acupuncture needles aren't at all like a regular syringe.  They are very small and are not hollow.  They aren't designed to inject anything.  I only felt a tiny pinch on one or two as they were being inserted, but once that was completed, I only felt anything if I moved too much.  A general acupuncture session lasts about 15-20 minutes.

After one session, my sinuses changed and I have not experienced any discomfort flying or swimming since.  It worked for me, but as I said, your results may vary.

Offline Calispera

• Changing oneself to change the World
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 12:26:57 AM »
I didn't react to the first message, because I saw that the question was miles away from the teaching of Joe Dispenza (for a person who is writing his/her first message), so I guess that this message is a kind of hidden advertisement (once again) for the link presented inside the message.
It seems to be a current habit on forums. It happens more and more on this forum.

Probably that the person (or the bot) having posted this message will never come to read the answers.

I don't know if Admin agree with that kind of messages.

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 12:16:48 PM »
I really can't tell.  As Marshall has not responded yet, I am presuming that it might be just a Spam Link.  Hey Marshall, let us all know that you are receptive to our responses to you? Otherwise we will presume your question has been answered by the Health Clinic in Canada.

Admin

Offline Calispera

• Changing oneself to change the World
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 12:36:48 AM »
Is this another advertizement?