SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Neuroscience & the Brain  (Read 5514 times)

Offline Toni

• Evoking the best in others
    • Holistic Life Coach
Neuroscience & the Brain
« on: October 03, 2014, 08:13:52 AM »
Hi everyone,

It suddenly came to my attention that despite reading 3 books by Dr Joe and meditating every day I can never remember all the amazing info he's been sharing with us in terms of Neuroscience and the brain. Of course I'm passionate about the work, and of course I was sure I'd be able to share this with others, but whenever I try and repeat what I read in his books I can't...won't remember  any of the words :( Dr Joe so frequently uses!
I feel quite disheartened, especially because I'm training as life coach and CBT practitioner and it's my desire to share what I'm learning through Dr Joe with my clients some time soon.
Has anyone been going through the same? Ever you ever been so desperate to explain one of the books only to find yourself lost for words?
Sometime during the teleclasses   it amazes me  how eloquent other members sound on the subject..
Would anyone be able to suggest any idea which may help me to finally feel like I'm mastering this work? I know I've only started in February and it takes time, but never the less I can't wait to share all this info with others without confusing myself and them! I'm so passionate about it and it frustrates me I can hardly pronounce peptides without sounding like I have a speech impediment :-[
Thank you all, ;)
Life is neither good nor bad.
It's what you do with it that makes the difference.
Antonia Lyons
www.evokinggrace.com

Offline Kenza

Re: Neuroscience & the Brain
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 07:21:37 PM »
Practice! Talk to yourself in the mirror, or sit in a quiet room and record yourself so you can listen back! Or maybe take a walk and talk to the Universe, or the birds and trees. Make the "rehearsal" fun  :)

Perhaps test yourself by writing/typing it all out and fill in what you've missed. Repeat repeat repeat and you will grow in your confidence to reiterate and articulate the knowledge.

Let explaining it to someone so that they clearly understand be your aim. I think a lot of people experience what you have/are experiencing, but only let it be your fuel to master what you've learned!

I have also seen an email recommending one write out their question beforehand and that way it will flow much easier.

Blessings Toni! I endeavor to master the material as well so I'm right there with you!

Offline Kenza

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 07:23:03 PM »
Practice! Talk to yourself in the mirror, or sit in a quiet room and record yourself so you can listen back! Or maybe take a walk and talk to the Universe, or the birds and trees. Make the "rehearsal" fun  :)

Perhaps test yourself by writing/typing it all out and fill in what you've missed. Repeat repeat repeat and you will grow in your confidence to reiterate and articulate the knowledge.

Let explaining it to someone so that they clearly understand be your aim. I think a lot of people experience what you have/are experiencing, but only let it be your fuel to master what you've learned!

I have also seen an email recommendin to write out questions for the teleclass beforehand and that way it will flow much easier.

Blessings Toni! I endeavor to master the material as well so I'm right there with you!

Offline Toni

• Holistic Life Coach
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 11:58:06 PM »
Thanks so much Kenza...yes I forgot the fun bit.. :-\
Would you tell which in your opinion is the best iut the 3 books to really understand how this all works? Somehow I think it's Breaking the habit..
Blessings from London town,
 :)
Antonia Lyons
www.evokinggrace.com

Offline ItsTheChanceToBe

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 04:00:53 AM »
Toni … I am in the same boat too. But I simply accept it and there are times it just flows out so nicely. Just a consideration … Try to meditate with the “Blessing of the energy centers” with great passion. Especially the 5th center.

Offline Toni

• Holistic Life Coach
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 05:23:26 AM »
Hi Itsthechancetobe, thanks so much for your time! I don't feel comfortable with The blessing meditation, I never know what to do with each center and I sually get lost in the process. Could this be because I have not done the secondo workshop yet? I remeber reading on the website that this is adviced to members who progressed to the second workshop...Do you have any suggestions?
One thing that struck me though is that as I'm writing to you guys I know that I can "create" the knowledge can't I? As you say, focus on the 5th center...I don't need to know how I'm mastering the subject do I? I just need to create it in the field and trust I will master it somehow...I think we get really caught up in the how and as Kenza said, we forget the fun bit..which the essence of this work...to be surprised and amazed by the divine mind!
 ;)
Antonia Lyons
www.evokinggrace.com

Offline marg

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 05:14:15 PM »
 Hello,  I agree. When  I  read the book it makes sense and I feel I understand it... but when I attempt to vocalize it, it's a different matter.  I find taking notes and drawing diagrams, thereby using more learning centres helps.  In the kindle I  highlight important parts that I want to read again. I've read the Placebo book about 3 times and I'm still learning. Hope this is some help. Good luck. :)

Offline ItsTheChanceToBe

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 12:52:45 AM »
You know for me it takes a while before I get it. It’s like exercising at the club … eventually you will see the results.
My job involves some drive time to my clients. Sometimes 3 hours total on the road. So I usually listen to the Doctor Joe Stuff … over and over again … over and over again … and then some more …over and over again. Then I eventually get something new out of it. My awareness level then allows me to practice it during the day within my travels.
Sometimes I notice … that I do connect with people through my verbal skills … eye to eye … face to face.  Other times I do the fumble thing and have no clue how to explain anything. Sometimes I draw pictures to myself or others to explain specific concepts.
You know it’s kinda funny for me … some days no matter who I talk to about this stuff … many seem not to be interested in any of it. So I let it go and wait for … the opportunity … to show up and then hopefully sense some clarity within my verbal skills to speak such things. 
Sometimes this divine intelligence goes beyond words. All I can do is enjoy its presence, then stand before others and enjoy the moment together as children do … without thinking or speaking anything. Playing and see if the “Surprise” shows up.
The blessing meditation … has helped me out … by “Being kind to myself” by speaking goodness or blessings to each of these centers. By “Being the child, the genius or whomever of this divine intelligent substance” and speak love to each of these centers. By being “Nothing” and then the “Surprise” shows up that takes my breath away. Or like right now … I am at a loss for words and I don’t know how to explain.   
Have a Great Day !!!  Lets have some fun today !!!    :) :) :)

« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 12:59:11 AM by ItsTheChanceToBe »

Offline Lisa

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2014, 09:16:05 AM »
Toni, I have had the same problem trying to explain Dr. Joe’s work to others. Dr. Joe gives a whole lot of knowledge behind the actual work of creating a future event from your meditations to invoke the placebo effect. He is explaining the reasons why you manifest your future life and the “how to’s” of creating your future life. Trying to explain his work gets too involved with the biology behind it, and if you are not a self learner or have gone to school to learn all this stuff like he has- on top of practicing and studying different meditations for over a decade, you would be better off suggesting to people to try out his “Blessing of the Energy Centers” meditation, and then having a discussion on how they felt when putting their attention/awareness on the energy surrounding their body in space, which is where our creations come from. Pick one thing Dr. Joe teaches, and learn it well. Then pick another thing, and learn it well, and so on.

I am trying to understand creating symbols for things we want to occur. I took notes from the last telecast after it was posted on the website. I can ‘pause’ the podcast and then write word-for-word what Dr. Joe was saying, which helps a lot to understand more of what he is explaining. Taking notes- actually writing it with a pen- on each of the chapters in his books, is also very helpful in getting the knowledge to stick. These discussions will help all of us learn more of what Dr. Joe is teaching. To me, all of the knowledge Dr. Joe gives on creating a better life for ourselves through meditation and seeing symbols, would be a bit overwhelming if I had not already been on the road of learning why my life is the way it is.

Good luck on your journey of learning about creations.

Offline Toni

• Holistic Life Coach
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 02:22:47 PM »
Thank you so much all for you help! I'm trying to find out more about the symbols so hopefully that will help!
Blessingsxx
Antonia Lyons
www.evokinggrace.com

Offline Kenza

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2014, 12:10:54 PM »
Thanks so much Kenza...yes I forgot the fun bit.. :-\
Would you tell which in your opinion is the best iut the 3 books to really understand how this all works? Somehow I think it's Breaking the habit..
Blessings from London town,
 :)

Yes I would agree that Breaking the Habit would be a solid foundation for understanding many of the essentials :)
I know they have the audiobook available now too which can add another dimension for how the information is taken in.
Blessings received, and to you showered upon!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 12:26:23 PM by Kenza »