SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: after 1 week of doing Breaking habit meditation - Im suddenly struggling  (Read 880 times)

Offline LuckyMel

Hi All
Im quite new to Dr Joe, but I am an experienced meditator (been meditating for over 15 years).

Initially, I enjoyed the long meditations and was excited to do them.  However, yesterday, I started to become extremely uncomfortable during the meditation(s) and i just HAD to move my body.  My arms were so uncomfortable!  Today, the sensations were stronger.  I tried to stay with it; breath through it and let the resistance wash over me, but I felt soooooo aggitated.  I just want to stretch and yawn to relieve the sensations and I get hot - uncomfortably hot all over.

Has anyone else experiencing this?  The first week I was absolutely blissful during the meditations and I miss that feeling!  Please can you share any thoughts to help me get back to that feeling?

Thanks!

- Mel
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 06:56:01 AM by LuckyMel »

Offline johnmac8

Re: after 1 week of doing Breaking habit meditation - Im suddenly struggling
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 06:42:47 PM »
Hi LuckyMel I can relate to you on this i have been doing the Breaking The Habit meditation since Mary last year and I had some of those uncomfortable situations you mention, first, I think you should not worry too much about it sounds like energy moving around and your body is adjusting. These are really powerful meditations I too, have been meditating for over 20 years and these meditations are really strong! Try not to focus too much on the negative it will pass. I sometimes get really hot as well and uncomfortable but stick with it! This will pass!

Offline LuckyMel

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 02:58:20 PM »
Thanks JohnMac - appreciate your response.

I havent meditated using Dr Joe' meditations since the day I posed, when I had the worst meditative experience of my life.  I thought I had experienced resistance before and just 'allowing it' helped - but, well, nothing could compare to the screaming discomfort I experienced in my last few Dr Joe Meditations.  I think the severity of the discomfort started to turn my blissful experience of meditation into something that made me feel worse afterwards. 

However, it really does help to know that other experienced meditators have felt something like this (and gotten past it), and I do agree, probably was just a LOT of energy moving around, making me NEED to move about. 

So, I'll give them another go!  Thank you - appreciate you taking the time to support my practice  :)

Offline johnmac8

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 06:33:43 PM »
Hi LuckyMel no problems hope it helped, I was speaking to my sister who is a Reiki Master she also has had similar experiences with energy and a couple of times she felt dreadful during and after a meditation then talking to her teacher she said to go with the process that bad energy is releasing from your body and to let it go. cheers John