SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: split personalities and the new mind  (Read 956 times)

Offline digging

split personalities and the new mind
« on: December 19, 2016, 04:34:34 PM »
Hello,

I wanted to share a thought that came to me recently which might seem odd at first but I feel might give support to Joe's work from a different angle.

The fact that the human mind can develop what is called Split personalities seems to show the function is within the mind to be truly changed or transformed, but instead of this happening because of stress as a coping function we do it for powerful personal development.

What do you think about this?

Offline Calispera

• Changing oneself to change the World
Re: split personalities and the new mind
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 05:28:22 AM »
Hi Digging,

Could you explain a little further, because I don't understand from only one sentence.

Thanks in advance.

Offline digging

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 10:15:09 AM »
Sure,

Let me be clear I'm in no way suggesting Joe's work is negative! What caught my attention is the fact that the human mind has the ability to support what is called spilt personality disorder. There are many cases of this which shows it is something the brain can naturally do and it's believed most of the time a person develops a split personality because of some kind of trama or stress.

Years ago I met a woman who had this disorder and it is very real, sadly she had suffered terribly but her disorder was incredible. Her hand writing would change consistently, her voice would change, even the tone of her skin could change, her actions would really change a lot.

So what is my point? Well IF the brain can develop a separate personality because of stress then what can it do when supported with positive intention! I feel that this disorder is showing us the real transformational power of the mind in connection to our personalities. We really can change ourselves, creating a 'new personality' of our choosing created with positive intention rather than what negative stress can do by creating a split personality in some people. I hope this explains my thought better.

There is much science here and the more we believe in what our minds can do the more we can make the changes we desire.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 10:16:56 AM by digging »

Offline Calispera

• Changing oneself to change the World
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 05:42:28 PM »
Hi Digging,

I still don’t know if I’ve understood correctly what you are trying to explain.

But, from what I have understood, I don’t see things on the same  wave length.

In my opinion, split personalities happen in case of trauma that causes a disorder in the primitive part of the brain. The part that regulates instincts and emotions. It is then the instinct (survival instinct) that forbid the cortex to use the usual personality, and forces to behave on a very different way that doesn’t correspond with the initial natural personality and is a kind of mask .

When the trauma is treated with techniques like EMDR for instance, the split personalities disappear.

It works much more like healing a wound. The split personalities are more like something « broken ». And it can be « repaired » with a psychological technique.

On the other hand, what Joe Dispenza is proposing is to initiate new brain connections by changing our habits and our beliefs. This can transform our brain. In fact, I don’t know if Joe Dispenza is proposing to seek a change into a "new mind" or a « new personality ».

If he does, I probably then don’t agree with him.
For, in my opinion, we can learn new abilities that are probably very different from the ones we had before, but this doesn’t mean that we change our personality. We are staying the same person.
And I consider that keeping our personality is important, because our best potential is in our own personality. What we need is to heal all our psychological wounds and to learn to use that personality at her best. For, the best of oneself lies potentially in one’s wounds. So that, healing our wounds is our force and makes possible to develop the best part of our personality.
And if we try to change in a "new mind" or in a « new personality », we completely loose that possibility, we are then throwing away our best potential.

But this is only my opinion, in fact.

However, what I begin to glimpse (have an insight of) is the fact that our brain and personality evolution, can lead us to transform ourselves so fundamentally, that it could be as important as a caterpillar transforming into a butterfly. But still, it wouldn’t be a change to a new personality or a change to a new mind. What we would become should be based on what we were in the past.