SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Complementary techniques and methods  (Read 1224 times)

Offline Calispera

• View Profile
    • Changing oneself to change the World
Complementary techniques and methods
« on: June 02, 2016, 04:49:09 PM »
I open this thread in order to find a place to present different methods or techniques, that can be used in parallel with the meditations of Joe Dispenza. Their aim can be similar  and in this case they can be complementary.

I think first at EFT and EMDR, that I often have mentioned in some of my messages. But there are so many more, in different areas : HeartMath's cardiac coherence, mindfulness meditation, the Knap Method, Tipi, Somatic Experience.

Some of them are already presented somewhere else in the forum.
http://drjoedispenza.com/forum/index.php/topic,322.msg1590.html#msg1590
http://drjoedispenza.com/forum/index.php/topic,89.msg334.html#msg334

But this first time, I want to present the muscle testing, used alone.

In another thread where mindfulness and habits, in the frame of the neurosciences, were mentioned, I brought this exercise. But I think it's worth to be presented in a thread dedicated to it.

The “muscle testing”is the technique coming from kinesiology. I've learned it by doing (I mean, without any professional training).
To illustrate it, I just found an explanation with a picture, in English, on the net :

http://www.onetruth.ca/exercises-head/muscle-testing

I use the version above at the right side, making a ring with the the thumb and the index finger from one hand, and putting the same fingers from the other hand, straight, into the ring, and trying to open them like scissors. And my use is the contrary of what is advised. Each time, before asking a question to my “higher self” (so as they call it on this page), I first ask a yes and then a no. The yes allows to open the ring with my fingers, the no, doesn't allow it.
A therapist (a dentist in fact, who is using also alternative methods to work on the dental occlusion) did explain me that it can make sense, if the 'no' creates a tension in my muscle, I keep the ring closed. If the 'yes' allows me to be relaxed, it allows to open easily the ring.

Sometimes the answer is not clear, it opens half ;) Then I ask the question several times and differently.

This little exercise is very useful for a lot of little decisions to take daily  :
- Shall I eat this, or that?
- Is it better to go earlier to bed today?
- Or is it damageable to go to bed 1 hour later in order to finish this?
- Even in the supermarket : Do I buy this or not? (I would prefer a similar test with only one hand in order to do it discretely in my pocket)
- Do I go in this direction, or do I simply go home?
or whatever.)

What I see important for this, is that, this little exercise is also a manner to get back to our self decision. It means that, when deciding to use this testing, we are already outside of the habit. This testing is a good way to get out of lots of thoughts habits. And it requires to be present to formulate correctly the question. But the effort to remind to do the testing, and to decide to do it, still remains ;) But it's easier to decide to do this testing, than to decide to stop an activity in order to think consciously and make a decision ;)

And most of the time, 90% or even 99%, I follow the result of the testing. Even if I'm not sure that I practice it correctly. But I, consciously, give authority to it. Not because I believe that it's always right to follow it, but to avoid to take decision as automatism. To allow myself to take a decision outside an addiction or habit. I can easily imagine that it can often give a wrong answer, and that's not so important to my eyes, cause I've always been satisfied from the decision that I've taken with the response of the testing  : 100%.

Offline Acoustic Di

• View Profile
    • Where Creative Endeavors Flow At An Alarming Rate...
Re: Complementary techniques and methods
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 11:49:40 AM »
Just a note dear Calipera that I am taking up your offering here. I remembered to do it about 3 times on Friday, once yesterday and once today, so far. If I can even just remember once a day, if feels like it would have the positive effect of stopping the process of going to the automatic over time. I am all for anything that breaks through rote habits that are unquestioned and muscle testing has intrigued me since studying Donna Eden's energy work and doing her 5-minute routine regularly. This technique you share is one I've never seen and feels much more dependable than the one offered in her program. My yes and no is opposite of yours tho. ;)

As you have eluded to and as far as we know, it really matters not what decision we make in the 100s (or 1000s) of habitual daily choices. HOW we are doing the choosing indeed seems to have an effect on the big picture in so many ways and can be used as a gauge of how present we were today in our evening checkins —  how many muscle tests did I do today?

Thanks for sharing.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 11:51:12 AM by Acoustic Di »
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.  — Lewis Carroll

Offline Calispera

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 03:32:32 PM »
Thanks for your reaction Acoustic Di :)

In fact, for me the answer matters also, even if sometimes I'm conscious that my test is maybe not dependable. But I know that : more I believe in it, better it works; and more I exercise it, better it works.

So, for instance, if I want to eat something that is not too good for my digestion (that I tolerate sometimes badly), and I make the test, if the answer is : "yes, you may eat it", I won't have digestion problems.
In fact, until now, I don't remember to have made the test, for such kind of question, and to have crossed a problem afterwards. But maybe I digest well (in the example), not because of the "yes" answer, but because I ate it with the preoccupation of respecting my body? I don't know.

But I have to admit, that often, I'm expecting an answer, and it's the opposite answer that comes. Then I repeat the question one or twice to be sure. And if I have the confirmation (not always), I really know that I have to respect the answer.

What I do often also, is asking the menu. Should I eat menu1 or menu2. And in fact, I prefer to eat menu1, and expect a yes for it. But a "no" comes. Gosh ;)  Then, often I begin to ask for each ingredient of menu1, and see if I can modulate it just a little bit in order to obtain a yes. And often it works. It's only one ingredient that I have to put away. And if the "no" persists, I don't insist and I eat menu 2. As simple as that ;)

And if all this is imagination, and garbage, I don't care, because I'm glad with it ;)

Offline Calispera

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 01:23:16 AM »
As I just mentioned on another topic the Coué method, I would like to present it here as well.
The book is free on the web.

https://archive.org/stream/selfmasterythro00amergoog#page/n34/mode/2up
I didn't find a new version, but I remember that I found it on the web some years ago, it's surely worth to make a research to find it if you want a better presentation.

The Coué method is nearly a century old, but still relevant, even more than ever. That's what I tried to explain on the other topic, there :
http://drjoedispenza.com/forum/index.php/topic,740.msg2909.html#new

We begin now, nearly 100 years after the publication of his book, to prove by IRM what he was already telling, and that has been mocked by the majority of the people. Affirmations can really make a difference in our thoughts, habits, health, etc.

Offline DanyD

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 07:42:29 PM »
Hi Calispera.

The two programs I am familiar with are the Gupta Programme and the DNRSystem, the one I ultimately worked with is  the DNRSystem.
Both are available on DVD format and come with a workbook and also have coaching available after the purchase with additional charge.

I chose to attend the 5 day live in-person seminar for the DNRSystem and found it to be incredibly helpful and an amazing experience. Right after that I signed up for coaching, since I felt that would keep me on track.

I have now started to incorporate some Energy Medicine practices in my routine as well, in this case the Limbic System is referred to as Triple Warmer (originating in Chinese Medicine) and I am enjoying that very much.

In any case, the Limbic System impairment diagnose I arrived at has been essential for my understanding of what was actually happening to me and gives me strength and clarity when the going gets tough.
Triple Warmer/Limbic System puts up a fight when faced with changes and for me learning how to handle that has been so important.

Hope I have answered your questions.

Loving regards.

Offline RyanRay03

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 04:02:40 PM »
Hi DanyD,

I play rugby and am looking to improve some physical changes i.e., endurance, increase in physical size, stamina,huh-level energy etc for top better performance. Of course I'm on special diets but I think changes in mind makes a lot more difference.

So my question is does DNRsystem train your mind to attain the above goals I mentioned, especially changes in physical size as i play forward and it is quite important.

Any suggestions and if you could share your experience due to DNRsystem will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Ryan

Offline Calispera

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 05:19:51 AM »
I discovered this today on the net :

(I translate in English what's on the picture here attached in French)

Start the year with an empty jar. Each week, add a note with something good that has happened to you.

At the New Year, empty the jar and see the incredible year you spent.

This is an incredible mean to learn optimism and to make oneself a really good present for the New Year. I would suggest to do it maybe at Christmas. It correspond better to Christmas atmosfeer.