SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Osteoporosis - and building stronger bones  (Read 1473 times)

Offline mmailloux@comcast.net

Osteoporosis - and building stronger bones
« on: February 25, 2016, 12:12:20 PM »
Hello all!

I went from having strong healthy bones to osteoporosis in a very short period of time.  My doctors want me on those awful medications for building bone mass, like Fosamax.  Which really only makes the bones look denser but are really more brittle.  I know this as my mother who was on these meds had a bad experience breaking bones because of these meds.

I have listened to a lot of Dr Joe's interviews and read his book "You are the Placebo".  I love understanding the science behind the healing process.  I have not seen anything specific for Osteoporosis or creating stronger bones.  Has anyone had success with Dr Joe's meditations and vision/feeling process to successful improve bone health?  And if so, would you be willing to reach out to me and let me know what you did and how you know that your bones are better, etc.

Thank you all for your input!

Michelle

Offline susanlongley

Re: Osteoporosis - and building stronger bones
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 03:00:52 PM »
Hi Michelle,
I just made a new post on the topic of osteoporosis--if you are still following the forum, please let me know how you are doing.
Susan

Offline susanlongley

Re: Osteoporosis - and building stronger bones
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 12:54:21 PM »
So I just completed the Progressive Workshop in Tampa, and had a wonderful AHA moment.  Dr. Joe talked about how an intensively emotional event can overwrite programming from the past.  I was diagnosed with osteoporosis over 25 years ago, and according to bone scans, it has been getting steadily worse.  When I was first diagnosed, my doctor wanted me to go on Fosamax, but I don't like meds, so I declined.  About 10 years later I was thrown from a horse and landed flat on my back on a rocky dirt road.  No broken bones!  I think this convinced me emotionally that I either didn't have osteoporosis, or that it was osteoporosis was different from what doctors thought it was, or that I had it and just wasn't susceptible to it, whatever.  I never took it seriously after that.  However, a few years ago I decided to see if I could reverse the bone scans.  I started working out pretty seriously, and was able to stop the progression of decreasing bone density according to the scans, but not to improve bone density.  I have been doing meditation for the past few months while continuing to work out, and have a scan due in May.  I'm expecting to see an improvement of bone density on that--will keep you posted.