SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Creating a space for the questioning of Dr Joe's approach  (Read 3653 times)

Offline Calispera

• Changing oneself to change the World
I open this thread to make a request to Admin, and ask the opinion of the members of the forum.

There have been different threads created to discuss the reliability of Joe Dispenza 's work, the scientific - or not - aspect, and even his honesty.

At first, it seems correct to ask the question. But as this continues, and begins to be discussed in different topics, and that I feel that the intention are not as positive as it is presented. I want to propose to create a new file in the forum (same level, for example, as “General discussion”), to send each time all new threads, and even all messages, that are trying to make the trial of Dr Joe's work. It could be called for instance : “the approach of Dr Joe Dispenza in question”

It's not that I cannot accept that his work can be questioned, but when it turns to a vicious circle, a dialogue of the deaf, I think it's not constructive at all and it harms the quality of the forum.

I mean that the critics could then been told, but there would be a place for that, in order to avoid to poison the rest of the threads.

Are there other members agreeing with that? And what does Admin think about this proposition?

Because, if those critics are taking all the place on the forum, all members will soon flee, and I'm sure this is not the aim, neither from the author of the forum, nor from the other members.

Creating a specific library would then make possible to give a place for those critics and at the same time it would prevent that they contaminate the openness of the rest of the forum.

Offline Robert E.

Re: Creating a space for the questioning of Dr Joe's approach
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 11:29:36 AM »
"the intention are not as positive as it is presented."

From my side, I can assure that the intentions are absolutely constructive and positive and
the questions and remarks I have are very well founded and specific.   I think that any open
minded person and true researcher and scientist is thankful for critical questions and remarks as
it is the fire to harden the steel and the fertilizer for further growth.  Imagine a society with
restricted free speech where certain opinions are erased from the public perception -  this is
always an alarming sympton opposing diversity and democratic freedoms.

Offline Robert E.

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 12:02:52 PM »
"poison"   "contamination"    "vicious circle"   "dialogue of the deaf"

I am sorry if you you perceived my comments as "poisonous contamination", "vicious circle ... and dialogue of the deaf"

The equalization of critical thinking with poisenous contamination evokes some pretty unpleasent memories of callouts in communities and societies to "desinfect" those who spread the "poison"   

But there is no need of a desinfection bath in a quarantine chamber as proposed - if my voice is no longer accepted and tolerated at this place here I will heartfully say goodbye.

There has never been even a spark of intention to poison or to contaminate anything.
I just searched for answers to my justified innocent questions - nothing else.  The admin even thanked me
for opening this my thread so I could not have imagined of offending anyone.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 03:21:48 PM by Robert E. »

Offline purplemoonshine

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 11:47:47 PM »
I wish I knew what to say here. There is a part of me that agrees with Calispera. I do think that criticism of Dr Joe's work colours people's experiences and can be discouraging, even if it is well intentioned truth seeking.
I have been one who has asked the questions too and I also believe that if Dr Joe is saying it is a science, so he should show it is a science.
The point is, lets say he is a charlatan...making money by repackaging old and known ways and beliefs with a bright ribbon saying 'quantum physics' to encourage people to buy into it...maybe that is true. I've watched the testimonials that Calispera kindly sent me and found them inspiring and moving but found Dr Joe to be smug and annoying!
Okay, so what am I saying?
I think we should be allowed to believe and I do believe in self healing and meditation. I do believe in what Dr Joe says, even though I may not believe in him.
I don't think people should be gagged, I don't think people should be told not to express themselves...this kind of hints at allowing the gullible to be sucked in without intervention but...perhaps there should be a separate place for 'criticism'.
Maybe Dr Joe might read it one day!

Offline Acoustic Di

• Where Creative Endeavors Flow At An Alarming Rate...
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 01:59:39 PM »
I'm somewhat torn on this one. I have personally opted to try and not read certain threads as I find it does not serve me to feel discouraged over someone else's opinion, yet some do have quite a negative effect. My deal, I know. I say try because it is truly hard not to read new posts on this forum, so I'm in a place of experimentation with how this could work. This is NOT the case however in Robert's thread... which spurred several postings that I found uplifting and enjoyable, posting several things myself. It has been recent that I've felt a stray from respectful friendly boundaries of discussion in a few threads.

I certainly see no harm in having a topic setup for discussion of Dr. Joe's history, methods or any kind of scientific Q&A if it is decided — but I am sensing that these topics are a vital part of the work, questioning or praising, so I'm struggling to see how it could work.

I do not question these methods at all in my deeply amazing experiences with this work, but there is a chance that there could be a very interesting post or topic posted around any questioning, as in Robert's initial inquiry. It is, as we know, the most commented on and most read thread on the forum. So I say you are off the hook Robert. ;)

I will close with: I can support either way and make my own choices about what I engage in.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 06:48:06 PM by Acoustic Di »
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.  — Lewis Carroll

Offline Robert E.

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 02:52:43 PM »
. . . which spurred several postings that I found uplifting and enjoyable, posting several things myself

;)   ;D   8)    :D    :D   you`re sweet !

Offline truth

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 11:29:53 AM »

I am new to this forum.... and I would think having a special section for people want to be critical, skeptical, doubtful etc (all of which I respect)

and the rest of the board can be for those of us who want to DO THE WORK! :)