SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Online Progressive Workshop-how to make it work  (Read 343 times)

Offline Sarah

Online Progressive Workshop-how to make it work
« on: July 14, 2018, 07:03:29 AM »
Hello,
I need your help.

I've just purchased the online intensive + progressive bundle workshop last week and went through all the videos and meditations twice in the exact order suggested there- week 1, week 2, week 3, ....

I noticed the video links are divided by weeks in that order. the videos from week 1- through 3 explain the concepts and the theory behind the practice for these meditations but then starting with week 3 there are meditations almost for every week until the last week, which is week 9. 

Are we supposed to go through ONLY one type of meditation for a whole week BEFORE we go to the next meditation? For ex., after we do the meditation on week 3 for a whole week, then we should proceed to do the meditation on week 4, then the meditation on week 5, and so on until we get to the last meditation.

So my question is, what's the best way to do this online course to make the most out of it and to improve my meditations? I meditated in the past but only for 10- 15 minutes at the time sitting quiet and using a mantra, but didn't notice any significant changes. So this is the first time when I sense like dr Joe's meditations are the real deal and they can help me "cross the river".  However, I'm having trouble focusing and quieting my mind, it's hard for me to get in "the state".

Please share how you did this course and what has worked for you in your meditation practice. I'd highly appreciate any tips and advice you can give me to improve my meditation practice. thank you all.

Offline Walk in Beauty

Re: Online Progressive Workshop-how to make it work
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 06:29:39 PM »
I went through them in succession over and over and over, doing housework, driving to and from work, falling asleep at night... you can not hear these too often. I even recorded them while they played and still listen to them.

My biggest hurdle is suspending disbelief. The repetition makes these concepts real for me.

And I must tell you, I have had such improvements in my life that I ask for more and more improbable outcomes,TOTALLY BELIEVE and visualize the outcomes, and dang if they don’t show up!

Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline Claudine

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 06:01:07 PM »
Hi,

I'm new here and your topic Sarah is a very good one for me. I read all four books and doing meditations since about a month. I am thinking of getting into the Intensive and Progressive online workshops. In fact I wonder what is the "bonus" if I can use this word, for getting into the workshops comparing of reading the books and doing the meditation by ourselves. I mean, what more do we get by getting into the online workshop other than being able to do the Advance workshop.

Thank's a lot.

Offline Walk in Beauty

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 05:00:20 PM »
I can say I truly got my money’s worth investing in the online Progressive Workshop.There I is an impromptu feeling and reaction to the attendee’s, there are in-depth stories of how Dr Joe came to these conclusions and how to apply them, there is in-depth instruction that you do along with attendees.... I have a heart felt respect for this man and the selfless work that he is committed to.

It truly got to me believe I could ask for anything. I went all in with everything instructed and I am reaping those results!
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline Sarah

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 08:54:33 PM »
@Claudine.

I've read 2 of dr Joe's books so far and I gotta tell you that taking the workshop is totally different for the reason Walk in Beauty mentioned above and then for me especially the fact that you get the meditations in succession of his lectures which makes them better to understand and follow through. Also I'd rather listen to dr Joe's meditations recorded in the online workshop than creating my own as he suggests in the books. I can't never get the same quality and INTENSITY, as dr Joe's voice is powerful in these meditations along with the music which I love. If I were to create my own meditations, I know for a fact I won't get the same results. There's a know-how about making a great guided meditation and the special pauses that make all the difference. I tried many guided meditations in the past without any success in the sense that I could never quiet my mind and dr Joe's meditations are the best so far even I still struggle at times to focus and quiet my mind, but I sense that with practice I'll get better and better. So as I'm new to this type of deep meditation, I know for a fact that just for these 4 meditations recorded in the course, the money i spent on this course is well worth it for me! I hope this helps.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 08:56:25 PM by Sarah »

Offline JoanneW

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 11:10:38 PM »
I am going to take the Progressive as well. What mediations are included?

Sarah - just so you know, I was able to get the meditations that go with Breahking the Habit and Placebo at the library.

Offline Walk in Beauty

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2018, 02:13:05 AM »
Well you have access to the meditations for 93 days, unless like me you play them through a good stereo and record it onto a device, where my dog is barking and clattering across the floor, lol

The generous present moment
Tuning into new potentials
Reconditioning the body to a new mind
Changing beliefs and perceptions
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline Claudine

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2018, 04:51:08 AM »
Walk in Beauty,
Sarah and Joanne,

thanks soooo much for your reply. I did buy the meditations, the one WIB you mentioned, from the library and one of it on iTunes.
WIB convinced me by saying we are witnesses a full group of people and feel the moment of it. That by itself I guess is awesome isn't it. Anyway, I think we have to do it to get to the Advance workshop.
Ha House had a very nice special on the JD course they offer but for whatever "feeling" reason, I didn't buy it.

Offline JoanneW

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2018, 12:10:08 PM »
Claudine - are you going to take the Progressive, then? There is a special on it now.

Offline Claudine

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2018, 12:41:01 PM »
Joanne,

there is a special for the "integrative and progressive" till septembre 1st if I remember the date well.
I am waiting later this week to register to make my availability fit with the beginning of the workshops.

Offline Claudine

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2018, 12:46:05 PM »
.... but you make me realize there is something "bizarre" with pricing and workshops. Intensive and Progressive is 299$ and special Progressive 9 weeks 375$.... just wonder if its the same course. A little bit confusing for me here.

Offline JoanneW

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2018, 02:00:01 PM »
I believe it is the same course. I know, the pricing is strange. But $299 for the Progressive and Intensive is a good deal, I think. So I am going to go for it. Good to know someone else who is doing it as well.

Offline Claudine

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2018, 12:14:10 PM »
JOanne it will be great to exchange comments has we go along these workshops.

Is there anybody here who did these workshops that can give us an idea of the "daily investment" time wise?

Thank's

Offline Walk in Beauty

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2018, 06:07:09 PM »
I learn best through relpitition and listened to them continuously... but I was also healing a fractured leg, immobile for 3 months.

What you have to realize about the progeessive  work shop is Dr Jo won’t go on to the next level in the advanced until everyone is ready, so if he sees figiting, uncertainty, confusion, etc he is going to take the time to get everyone on board BEFORE the ride begins. So the sooner you get into the groove the sooner your world will rock, both on your own and at an advanced.

I have not taken the advanced yet, my job is finicky about bidding time off. I sometimes visualize myself at an advanced... but I have so many things to manifest ! I think you can achieve marlvelous results  with online resources.

But... what an experience  to attend an advanced!
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline Claudine

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2018, 04:22:19 AM »
WIB thank you so much for sharing your experience.

I am a bit like you, I learn better through repetition so will I do with the workshops.

Who knows, we will might meet in a Advance Workshop in 2019.

take care,