SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Losing my sh!t 🤪  (Read 63 times)

Offline AlohaWarrior

Losing my sh!t 🤪
« on: July 11, 2018, 05:27:56 PM »
Aloha family 🌺

I’ll try and keep this brief. I have a really complex stack of physical and mental health issues, unsurprisingly under which is complex trauma. I’ve done progressive and am hoping to get to an advanced in a couple of months. Since progressive I’ve cut medications by 2/3 and am ‘generally’ a lot happier.

But here’s the thing....

I oscillate. I have periods where I manage to keep a positive mindset and actually believe that this dream of realising the best version of myself is possible, and then periods where my mental health and mood plummets and I seemingly can’t control my thoughts and emotions. Even in these periods I remain committed to my daily practice, but it’s like.....I’m exhausted by the process. Does anyone else go through this? I feel like I’ve got no traction. My doubt can be a real impediment at times 😐

Also I’m wondering how best to tackle complex issues. I start to envisage one thing, like a physical shift, and then an underlying emotional issue comes up, so I work on that....but that triggers an addictive pattern, so I go to that.....and I feel like I’m bouncing all over the place and I’m not sure what the best strategy is. Self love is a BIG one.....

Mahalo in advance for any advice, kindness and support
Paige Phoenix

Offline Walk in Beauty

Re: Losing my sh!t 🤪
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 06:46:33 AM »
Make meditation a twice a day habit, at the least once a day. Commit to it.

A lot of things will pop up causing meditation to be fore goed, and your moods and attitudes are included as those “things”. If you have to wake up in the middle of your sleep time to meditate an hour then return to sleep DO IT.

A wonderful life awaits you. When you commit to daily meditation you will catch up to it.
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline Sarah

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 10:36:35 AM »
What I'm going to say it's not what you want to hear, but I'm going to say it- with all my love- as a reminder. You need to be patient with yourself and give yourself enough time. Remember what dr Joe said? that if you had a certain condition(s) for years or decades, it may take a little longer for your brain to win over your body/ mind over matter. It really depends how strong your addiction to those emotions and conditions of the past are.

Chronic conditions don't happen overnight, so to undo them, it may take more effort and more time because they're DEEPLY embedded in your whole being and your psyche - they're now a part of your personality. So you MUST have patience and do the work- CONSISTENCY is key. Without it, your brain won't change because you won't have enough rehearsals of the NEW YOU/your new life in your brain and in your emotions. If you expect quick results, you're forcing and pushing an outcome; and it's not going to happen because it doesn't work that way. You must have FAITH in this process that it's going to happen when you least expect it. You need to remind yourself that you MUST SURRENDER to the process while doing the work consistently-every day-meditating more (maybe 2-3 times/day) in order to let the Divine organize it in the most perfect order and time for you.

SELF LOVE- this is a big one for so many of us as it was for me a few years ago. I used a mantra for a long time that helped me a lot, and i still use now when I feel unloving. Every time I caught myself being judgemental, critical and not very loving towards myself, I'd interrupt whatever I was doing at that moment, and ask myself this question, "What would someone who LOVES themselves do?" and forced myself to answer that question and follow up with an action... That small practice changed everything for me very quickly. In the beginning, I wrote that question everywhere in my house- on the bathroom mirror, on the refrigerator in my kitchen, on my nightstand, and in my office. Now, this question is in my brain and I still use it all the time- it helped me tremendously- I"m more loving, much more tolerant and more allowing, and as a result, I have become a lot HAPPIER.

Another good mantra I use is "Trust, surrender and have patience in the Divine order" whenever I catch myself being patient, irritated or upset by something- it may be a good idea to use these words as a mantra in your daily life. Use anything that can help YOU to change and remain in a high state throughout the day.  These little mantras have  helped me a lot. I know you'll come on the other side if you trust in the process.  :) Sending you lots of love and healing!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 10:56:32 AM by Sarah »

Offline Walk in Beauty

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 11:08:43 AM »
Sarah you gave me some really goood practices, thank you!
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline Sarah

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 05:58:28 PM »
@walk in beauty- you're welcome. Please remember you need to practice the acts of self-loving towards yourself-a walk in nature, a relaxing massage or an aromatic bath, a lovely chat with a friend, a delicious treat, etc etc- whatever makes you feel good and worthy. The thoughts alone of being more loving towards yourself will not suffice because you need to give your body the experience of what it feels to be self-loving in order to become "it". I hope this helps :)