SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Getting safely off medications.....help? ❤️  (Read 45 times)

Offline AlohaWarrior

Getting safely off medications.....help? ❤️
« on: July 11, 2018, 05:11:13 PM »
Aloha Psychonaughts 🌺

I have a dream of being completely medication free. I won’t go into the list of conditions cuz it’s boring as hell, but there’s an A4 sized page of them and ‘apparently’ they’re ‘incurable’. I was medicated to the eyeballs, but since progressive I’ve gotten from 14 meds a day to 4-ish, so I’m pretty happy with that.

I’ve hit a bit of a wall though. I take a really minimal amount of pain medication but it keeps me sane. I’m pretty hard on myself about it though. If I take it I feel like I’m copping out, like if I tweak something in the external to cope, I’m cheating. Also I’m aware that it’s addictive and feeds into other patterns of dependency (including emotional stuff).....so I really want it out of my life. But I’m not sure how to function without it.

I’ve watched enough testimonials to see that some people just seem to stop needing the meds as they continue with their meditation practice. But I meditate every day, sometimes twice and that doesn’t seem to be happening for me. I realise folks can’t give medical advice, but can anyone advise me on how the theory fits to the practice in this situation, or how other people have dealt with similar situations?

With abundant aloha.
Paige Phoenix.

Offline Sarah

Re: Getting safely off medications.....help? ❤️
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 11:43:03 AM »
AlohaWarrior, first of all congratulations on getting off so many of your meds- that's a huge accomplishment! i can totally understand your frustration and i can totally relate but we need to remember to be patient with yourself and loving towards yourself instead of criticizing yourself that you're probably doing something wrong. this is a learning process that could be mastered only by practicing which it will take some time. Be proud of the work you've done so far- this is huge- you should celebrate a bit! Don't be too hard on yourself! the more loving you're towards yourself, the faster you'll heal.

You said among other things: "... But I meditate every day, sometimes twice and that doesn’t seem to be happening for me. .."

My response to you is to follow the advice from dr Joe's last book Becoming Supernatural.

He said, I quote " But you must remain aware, because the moment you forget and start stressing about when it’s going to happen or how it’s going to happen, you’ll return back to your old self—trying to predict the future based on the past. And then you’ll start feeling the same old familiar emotions (with the same lower energy) that influence your same old thoughts, and you’ve just made the choice to stay trapped in the known. We could say that you’ll disconnect from the energy of your future the moment you feel the familiar energy of the emotions of your past.
If you instead become successful at tuning in to this potential you have chosen over and over again and you get familiar with it, you will be able to tune in to it not only in meditation but also when you’re in line at the bank. You’ll be able to tune in to it when you’re sitting in traffic. You can do it when you’re shaving, when you’re cooking, and when you’re taking a walk. You can do it over and over again with your eyes open, just as you do when your eyes are closed in meditation. Just remember, every time you tune in to the energy of your future in the present moment, you are drawing your future to you.
And if you do it often enough, and you do it correctly, you’ll change your biology from a past-present reality to a future-present reality. That is, you will change your brain neurologically from being a record of the past to becoming a map to the future. At the same time, as you teach your body emotionally what that future will feel like in the present moment, you’ll recondition your body with this new elevated emotion. You’ll be able to signal new genes in new ways, and you’ll change your body to look like the future you chose with your clear intention has already happened. That means you begin to biologically wear your future."

i hope this helps you in your journey towards the NEW YOU. sending you love and healing!  :)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 11:49:31 AM by Sarah »

Offline JoanneW

Re: Getting safely off medications.....help? ❤️
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 11:57:57 PM »
Dearl AlohaWarrior

You say you mediate every day and it's not happening for you....I disagree. It IS happening for you! To reduce from 14 meds to 4 is a major accomplishment! Franky, I am amazed!

Please give yourself a huge pat on the back and congratulate yourself for the major strides you are taking. Celebrate your success. If you need to continue on the other meds for now, there is nothing wrong with that. You will know when and if the time comes to let go. Try to be okay with where you are at right now.

I speak from experience (which is also boring, so I won't go into it either). Just trust that you are taking the steps you need to take, and things will unfold as they should.

xoxo