SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Addictive hormones/ emotions  (Read 116 times)

Offline Kat

Addictive hormones/ emotions
« on: June 12, 2018, 07:57:27 AM »
Hi,

Joe speaks of stress hormones and the chemicals which are consequently produced as being highly addictive. But aren't hormones/chemicals of happiness/ joy/ gratitude/ love/ feeling good also highly addictive?
Or would you call it something else - not addictive, since addiction implies filling up the emptiness with a substance? But however, "positive" emotions always overrun the "negative" since they have a higher vibrational frequency. So (very simplistically) why do people get "addicted" to stress chemicals and not love chemicals?

I would love to hear any thoughts on that - thanks!

Offline Walk in Beauty

Re: Addictive hormones/ emotions
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 07:19:06 PM »
I am unapologetically addicted to positive emotions, that is pretty much the whole point of being here 😃
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 07:21:46 PM by Walk in Beauty »
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline Huntert

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 10:11:09 PM »
Hey Kat,

From my understanding, people in general will take on the negative aspect of something much easier than they will to a positive aspect, due to the the brain wanting to take on perceived threat and work out a solution. Before taking on a care-free attitude. But positive emotions are addictive to. I believe gratitude is the highest vibrational frequency. It's just a matter of taking the time to make the change over.

Offline Walk in Beauty

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 02:02:31 AM »
Dr Joe meticulously explains the why and how in each of his books and lectures, the doing is up to us. In the doing we release ALL of our emotions, then recognize which serve us best.

You may want to watch “What the Bleep Do We Know?”, it is an entertaining and thorough explanation and visualization of how our body’s cells have receptors to the various chemicals the body makes in response to each emotion, chemicals which are as equally addictive as alcohol or heroin.

In essence you are asking why people know they are overweight and don’t eat vegetables instead of Twinkies. Until a habit is rigorously addressed it will not be conquered.

In my situation I have plenty of experience in following directions of methods to bring about change, for me it was easy to give over my analytical mind for the stipulated length of time for an all in try out. I will always be grateful to Dr Joe for my release from anxiety and anger.
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline Larry

• Massage Therapy
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 07:48:25 AM »
May everyone be blessed with the addiction of joy, gratitude and peace!

and the possibility that something even better can be experienced.
may I be the softness I'd like to see in the world

Offline naki

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 09:12:02 AM »
This interview is brilliant - it covers all the bases needed to understand this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La9oLLoI5Rc&feature=youtu.be