SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Emotions, Chronic Pain & Neuroscience  (Read 67 times)

Offline KStar7

Emotions, Chronic Pain & Neuroscience
« on: June 07, 2018, 02:41:07 PM »
Hello

I have just finished reading the fascinating book by Dr John Sarno, 'The Mindbody Prescription' looking at for healing physical pain by working with the subconscious.

I am interested in neuroscience, meditation etc and also very aware that this book was written in 1999.  I would love to know what the latest is in neuroscience about chronic pain and in particular about the scientific basis of a theory such as John Sarno's, where chronic pain is seen as the mind suppressing subconscious rage and diverting it into the physical.  He suggests that this is done via the autonomic nervous system, producing ischemia in muscles, but he himself is open to what the future of science will bring.

It was suggested to me that Dr Dispenza could be a good person to take my line of research further  - but does he touch on this subject?  Can anyone recommend a good book or paper by Joe or other, that has a nice review of different current theories on this?

Thanks

Offline Walk in Beauty

Re: Emotions, Chronic Pain & Neuroscience
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 08:25:31 PM »
I have read three of his books... They all build upon the last so that if all you wished to spend time on only uone, Read Becoming Supernatural. If you want a quicker less expensive fix watch any and all of what  a Dr Joe Dispenza search on YouTube turns up.

Anything you do here is not a quick fix, it is a method. You learn what is habit that no longer serves you, you learn to recognize when those habits interfere with your potential and you eradicate them. You learn to plant in the future the life you will love to live and you focus on it.

Whichever book of Dr Joe’s you pick up it will begin your adventure. There is no Cliff Notes version. The books lay everything out in scientifically reasoned, incremental steps. Everything is divulged in a scientifically reasoned way.

I do not think you will be disappointed purchasing a book or audiobook. I will forever be grateful to Dr Joe for ridding me of judgement, anxiety and anger. His body of work keeps evolving as he seeks the science community’s explanation of what happens at eventa

Walk in Beauty 💫