SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Elevate emotions with elevated meditations  (Read 484 times)

Offline Marisa-k

Elevate emotions with elevated meditations
« on: May 24, 2018, 01:55:01 AM »
Hi again,

So I've been pondering... I find it difficult to elevate my emotions, but I have found that when I listen to particular music, I can get to an elevated state. If anyone was listening to the music playing just before the Berlin live stream, well, that's the kind of thing that'll do it for me. I also really liked the rhythmic music DJ played when doing the guided breath exercise, that was motivating. I'm not making a lot of progress with the meditations (at least not that I'm aware of), so I wondered if a more upbeat music and narrative might be in order.

There's nothing I've come across on YouTube, so may have a crack at doing my own one day. I'm curious to hear if anyone else feels the same. The meditations are all so .... Not sure how to explain it... just kind of lonely to me, not in keeping with an elevated emotion.

Just a thought.

Offline Walk in Beauty

Re: Elevate emotions with elevated meditations
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 03:52:44 AM »
I made my own meditation recordings from scripts in Dr Joe’s books and it was years until I heard him perform one. I got wonderful results.
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline Marisa-k

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 12:27:20 PM »
How interesting WIB, did you use background music? And did you work out the timing of each phrase?

Offline Walk in Beauty

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 01:21:33 PM »
I made them all different to see which worked best, and found out I used them all to keep it fresh, not go on auto pilot and ignore the phrases. I used Voice Record Pro app on my iPad, which allows me to store them in the cloud.

I unconventionallylistened to them while I drove to and from work and at work... which at the time you aren’t supposed to do ever because of causing an accident with inattention, but now Dr Joe recommends walking meditation to live continually in meditation. I can assure you if theeffectiveness of doing it this way. The more I recall the person I want to become the quicker I leave the garbage behind.
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline Marisa-k

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 12:52:58 AM »
Thanks WIB, I'll give that a go ☺

Offline Larry

• Massage Therapy
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 08:02:21 AM »
Hmmmm I tend to focus on what I am feeling during the meditations-sometimes that is what is in the way.

What are you feeling during???

When you place your attention on something it will change.

-or-

I keep asking myself over and over "what does joy feel like?"
"What does gratitude feel like?"
etc

I pause and let the questions linger in the space...

try it

Larry
may I be the softness I'd like to see in the world

Offline Walk in Beauty

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 06:18:01 AM »
I’ve been dwelling on your post Larry

For the most part I’ve been trying to keep a state of an elevated positive emotion, which is a wonderful way to live, lol. Sort of a continuous walking meditation.

I see now that I have had my head in the sand in some situations. I need to recognize when the elevated emotion is genuine. When I feel irritation I usually ignore it and pump up the positive. You know, play the Change Game.

Perhaps I do need to take it to meditation...

Does the Change Game play a role in your approach and how does it work for you?
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline Larry

• Massage Therapy
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2018, 08:09:29 AM »
Wib
I only play the change game once I have fully experienced the emotion in an observing way. Then I say to myself "thank you for the wonderful feeling of Fear". Then I pause in that feeling until it dissipates because it absolutely transforms every time into a joyful feeling. I know this is not exactly the way Dr Joe says it, but he does say know your survival emotions inside and out so they never sneak up on you etc AND saying CHANGE can get me into the observing place for sure.

I found that as I view these emotions as an observer (thanks to the countless hours of his meditations I have done certainly let me do this) then the emotion or "bad" feeling becomes an experience I have had and not a storm that crushes me.

I know this is a Dispenza forum but I must admit the teachings of Kyle Cease and Matt Kahn offer a slightly different perspective which I use as a powerful trio. Matt and Kyle will place more attention on feeling and experiencing the "bad" emotions and then how do we respond in a loving way?

Matt and Kyle are more focused on inspiring changes in life and Joe seems to have more results with health issues.
I still do BOTEC almost every day!

So.... keeping in a state of elevated emotions is awesome but I feel when I become fearful that is the experience i must honor. I may think to myself ..."I can't wait to feel fear so I can show the world how I respond with love so ferociously that fear dwindles and has no foundation to make a stand!!!!!"
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 08:18:38 AM by Larry »

Offline Walk in Beauty

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 11:21:22 AM »
Thanks Larry

It is always so helpful to learn different ways to process emotions, and learn the authors who formed your opinions.

Lately I have been able to stay genuinely in joy, but when I do find myself in negativity I will try to be thankful for the specific emotion... and report back to you 👊.

Perhaps my joy comes from blessing the energy centers daily also.

This morning I did my own with interesting results. I didn’t have earbuds when I woke up and not wanting to wake anyone with the recording, I led myself through the breath then blessing, then no place, then the future, etc.

My partner did his usual tuning into negative social media videos after I began... it was amazing how I tuned that audio out, I felt so empowered. That must be what Dr Joe wants us to shoot for, consistently living so vividly in the future and positivity that nothing distracts us.  My heart was so filled with love that instead of getting irritated with race baiting hatred in my ears I was able to pour love and healing over the world. It felt like dousing a campfire with an ocean of peace.
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline Larry

• Massage Therapy
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2018, 07:53:59 AM »
Beautiful, there is only love...