SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: where is the present moment?  (Read 273 times)

Offline Giuly

where is the present moment?
« on: May 14, 2018, 12:28:38 AM »
How do you understand that you are exactly in the present moment in meditation?
Ok, there is no thought, but I do not think it's just this ... Joe tells us that in that state (no body, no place, no time) we have the ability to create. But how do I understand being in that state?
Thanks to those who will answer me, I am very confused :(

Offline Walk in Beauty

Re: where is the present moment?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 01:36:11 PM »
Hi Guily,

Eckhart Tolle’s 1999 book “The Power of Now” is where I came to understand the present. I loan out my CD set to friends when they share their troubles understanding themselves and their life and it is always appreciated.

This is the Wikipedia entry for him, I suggest you read through it up to and including the paragraphs subtitled Inner Transformation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eckhart_Tolle

Hopefully you will go on to read the book.

As for Dr Joe, the “no body” portion I believe is not part of being in the present, for he also says “in no time”.  This portion is meant for one to let go completely of their identity, concerns, past etc. I use it to empty myself completely, picture myself rinsed pure from my past, so that when I picture the future I want to create I am not hampered by any habit or trait that does not serve me.

The best advice I can give you Guily is to not overthink the mechanics of the meditations. Let yourself follow them with blind trust. Enjoy them, relax and let go. There is nothing you can do wrong, there is no perfection you need to attain. You are going through an evolution that wil continuously reveal itself, it has no ending.

Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline Larry

• Massage Therapy
Re: where is the present moment?
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 08:46:53 AM »
Simply put-when you are in the present all of your attention is focused on one thing. Especially feeling one thing.
may I be the softness I'd like to see in the world