SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Dr Dispenza - honest person or new age quack ?!  (Read 46200 times)

Offline Robert E.

Re: Dr Dispenza - honest person or new age quack ?!
« Reply #105 on: July 16, 2016, 03:48:39 AM »
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regarding the number of people having a look at this thread there is a chance that someone
among them may have information I have been missing so far.

So I would like to encourage visitors to post any information / links they may have with data
demonstrating that that the Placebo techniques of Joe Dispenza or any other mental technique
in the world  have been the direct cause of an exceptional physical healing.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS : This data should be put together according to the highest standards,  as we all know
how easily our minds get fooled by our expectations and (mis) perceptions.  (Just think about
the experiments of illusionists like Derren Brown or "data" provided by governments to "prove"
the reasons why they should launch a war which regularily fool entire populations.)   This is the
reason why upright and responsible people support their claims with documents put together
according to forensic and or scientific standards and refrain from anecdotal data.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 03:51:43 AM by Robert E. »

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #106 on: July 18, 2016, 04:08:56 PM »
Robert we have missed you...  :)

Offline Robert E.

« Reply #107 on: July 18, 2016, 10:20:36 PM »
 ;D   Missed you, too.  Thers should be more like you around this planet.

Offline VancouverGrowth

« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2016, 06:56:07 PM »
Hi, Robert. I'm not sure if you're still around but I'm curious to know if you did the meditation practices in spite of your skepticism.

I'm mildly skeptical and would like to see more evidence, as I know that anecdotal evidence has a major impact on how we think and feel about a topic, but isn't a reliable indicator of efficacy. However, there is plenty of well documented, legitimate scientific evidence for the benefits of mindfulness as well as the placebo effect. This is enough for me to put energy toward doing the practice and seeing if it works for me. Even with supposedly valid medical treatments (like antidepressants or pain relievers), placebos are often almost as effective... and I would bet that certain mindfulness practices are MORE effective than pills for a lot of people. (this has been true in my own life as well).

So, in spite of your skepticism, have you continued with the practice? I've just started and I'm committed to seeing it through. Thankfully, I don't have any major health problems. I'm using it more as a way to achieve a higher level of consciousness so that I can access creative ideas and be a happier and more successful person, in general... I'd also like to get into better shape and overcome back pain and joint pain.

I support your questions about more scientific evidence and I also look forward to hearing about how the process of meditation is going for you.