SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: How to recover after a breakup and attract a good man  (Read 633 times)

Offline Lizz

How to recover after a breakup and attract a good man
« on: February 20, 2018, 09:40:35 PM »
*This information can be applied to anyone looking to recover after a breakup and attract a good relationship*

You start to date a man and get excited because you think there is a possibility he might be the one who will genuinely love you. Months, maybe even years later, he tells you it’s over. You feel crushed and heartbroken. I know exactly how you feel because I too struggled to find a good man that was ready to commit.

Your hopes of sharing your life and love with this man are completely destroyed. It’s as if you got your hopes up for nothing. The worst part is that it’s not the first time it happens. Every time you meet a new man the cycle repeats itself. You get excited, you start making plans for the future and you imagine how wonderful your life will be sharing your love with this person. Then one day, he just leaves you and you are left with your feelings crushed.
It has come to the point where you are tired of meeting men that are not ready to commit. You are ready to attract a good man because you know you deserve it. Your heart is filled with so much love and you just want to share that love with someone who will love you the same in return. You know this world is filled with good men but they seem to be hiding from you. Here is a guide on how to recover after a breakup and attract a good man.

Heal your heart
In order to attract the kind of deep love you crave, you have to first clear out old emotional baggage. Holding on to sadness, resentment, anger or any negative feelings around love only puts a barrier between you and love. One way to clear out the lingering negative emotions is to write a letter to the man that broke your heart. In the letter, pour your heart out and truly explain to him how it made you feel when he left you, when he broke your heart, when he cheated on you… whatever the situation may be. Then genuinely thank him for being in your life. You are not thanking him for the hurt he caused you, but for making you realize that you deserve better.
Putting your feelings down on paper helps you to let go of the emotional baggage; letting go of emotions such as; sadness, anger, fear, or resentment will help to set you free. Free from the emotional baggage that was left from previous relationships and letting that be a barrier between you and love. You create room and the possibility to let the good, satisfying, love in. Once you are done writing the letter, burn it. An act of defiance to show you are done feeling stuck and you are ready to move on with your life and attract a more fulfilling relationship.

Set Your Standards
What does a ‘good man’ mean for you? Asking yourself this question helps you better understand yourself and your needs. If you don’t know what you want or need from a man, you will end up feeling unfulfilled in the next relationship. The reason is because you will end up attracting the same kind of man that doesn’t take you seriously. The cycle of ‘bad men’ will continue to repeat itself unless you set clear standards. Setting standards also shows that you have enough self-respect to not just settle for any man that asks you out. You know you are worthy of a deep, reciprocal love and you will not settle for less.
One way to set your standards is to make a list of positive qualities that are important for you in a man. For example, qualities such as respectful, faithful, trustworthy, understanding etc.. Don’t be shy and don’t hold back. The goal is to have a list of things that are important to you in a man so you can detect if he is a ‘good man’ based on the standards you have set for yourself. You can use the list as a reference whenever you meet a new man; if the new man does not have several of the core qualities you need, that is a red flag. In the long run, you will have the awareness to know if a man is a good fit for you based on what you have deemed important in a relationship. Knowing what you want in a man can decrease your chances of getting your heart broken because you are not walking into love blindly. You are walking into love with intention.

Love Yourself
When you feel confident in your own skin and truly love yourself, there is a sense of feeling whole. You don’t need a man to complete you because you are complete. You want a man to share your life with. He will enhance your life and you will enhance his and together you will create something bigger and better. Two complete people coming together is magical because you create a meaningful and fulfilling relationship.
When you truly love yourself, your heart radiates with so much love and you just want to share that love with someone who will love you with the same intensity.  You are in a state where you feel happy, inspired, and open to love. All of a sudden, you become a magnet to love because you are living from your true self and when you least expect it love shows up at your door.

Offline Walk in Beauty

Re: How to recover after a breakup and attract a good man
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 01:01:36 AM »
Applying the law of attraction, when I was single and had taken a year to heal and rediscover who I was, I used the advise from The Secret, I drew a little post it note line drawing of myself with a contented smile on my face being hugged from behind by a man with an equally content smile. It was on my bathroom mirror for years and I made a point of feeling the calm and devoted love of a trusted best friend as I looked upon it and in my meditations.

It worked. It took four years but it worked.

Walk in Beauty

Walk in Beauty 💫