SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: what has your experiences been...  (Read 1078 times)

Offline bkabse

what has your experiences been...
« on: February 15, 2018, 07:57:03 PM »
Hello everyone,

I’m in week two of the Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself. I downloaded Dr J’s accompaning meditations.  So far it’s been an amazing experience. 

I’m curious about a few things I’m experiencing and wondering what your thoughts are.

I’ve had a few nights worth of disturbing dreams, I wouldn’t say really terrifying, but a bit scary though.  The other thing I’m curios about is feeling heady, lack of consetration/thinking, irritable and annoyed today that appeared to come out of nowhere.  Do you think the meditations are enabling healing within me layer by layer (I envision an onion)?  Is this a natural experience?  Was this caused by something I did/didn’t do? 

I decided that I’ll go with whatever comes up and not fight it... allowing all experiences to come and go whether they’re positive or uncomfortable with the intentions of full emotional healing soon.

Can you please share your experiences with the BtHoBY process and meditations?

Thank you everyone in advance for sharing!  ;D

🤗
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 08:05:24 PM by bkabse »

Offline Larry

• Massage Therapy
Re: what has your experiences been...
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 07:14:54 AM »
As one becomes more aware the pleasant and unpleasant feelings will arise. The more I return to the present it becomes my trust, my knowing the comfortable place of wisdom.
may I be the softness I'd like to see in the world

Offline bkabse

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 09:16:07 PM »
As one becomes more aware the pleasant and unpleasant feelings will arise. The more I return to the present it becomes my trust, my knowing the comfortable place of wisdom.

Wow thank you Larry! 

Offline martina

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 11:30:00 AM »
Hi bkabse

ALL KINDS of stuff erupted for me. Brain fog, feeling disconnected, sad for no reason, plus all kinds of physical symptoms. Really down one day, really up the next. One wave after another. I've been meditating for 5 months and it's quite a ride that can be very uncomfortable at times. That is "crossing the river of change."

The people in this discussion forum have been amazing, and incredibly generous with their wisdom and encouragement.

I think I would have given up long ago had it not been for this amazing resource.

Hang in there. Keep going!
Blissings,
Martina

Offline bkabse

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 02:55:58 PM »

Thank you Martina! 🤗

Offline Walk in Beauty

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 08:29:44 PM »
In my experience the more I got in touch with my true self the more mortifying remembrances of the horrid things I’d done kept plaguing  me. Then one day I was cruising yogi videos on YouTube and one said this exact thing is to be expected, that one vomits and vomits them up, so much vomiting! But at last there will be an end to them. They are to be faced squarely and the lessons learned from them will make us both wise (I certainly will never repeat them!) and more compassionate and patient with the people we see in those situations. It may be that you are not quite ready to face these memories in this honeymoon phase of your awakening that they are appearing in your dreams...?

You are fortunate to have dream recall and I strongly recommend you work with your dreams.

In my 20’s (thirty years ago) I had a go at dream journaling. It took many months of nightly trying before I started to remember them. What a rich lovely world it opened up for me! That was back in the day when the small town library carried few books on the subject and I had no funds to buy any, and one had to turn on a light to grab a note book and pen, and a lot of time recording it all. Thank goodness for WiFi and an iPad on the nightstand!

A few years ago I began dream journaling once more with the aid of edgarcayce.org and their dream dictionary/journal app available at their store for $2.99. Mr Cayce, a reluctant psychic and a very kind and giving soul, before his death in 1945 gave 14,000 readings which correlate exactly with everything Dr Joe shares.

Cayce said that nothing of significance in your life will occur to you without first being foretold in your dreams.

His instructions were to fall asleep with a question or asking guidance in upcoming event. Immediately upon realizing you are waking you should lie still and recall your dreams, even if it is just a feeling write it down. In time, with diligence, recall will become easier. Focus on the gist and, most helpful for increasing dream guidance, interpret its meaning and put the dream’s advice into practice. The more you use the advice your higher self provides, the more it will offer. Conversely ignoring the advice shuts down the flow. My journal entries are seldom more than three sentences, and usually as I record the dream the interpretation becomes obvious and in a short sentence I add it at the end of the entry.

The way to interpret your dream is to know every participant in the dream is you. My partner is a no nonsense exceedingly tactful person, when he is in my dreams I pay close attention to his reactions, he is my analytical self steering my deportment.

Dictionary explanations are not as important as what an element means to you personally: to one person being in the middle of the ocean represents adventure, if one has a waking fear of drowning it represents danger.

This a memorable dream I had:
I was anxious about joining a woman’s non judgmental support group and it being my turn to lead a meeting. I fell asleep asking guidance and assurance.

In the dream I took my mother to a cousin’s wedding. Now I have never seen this cousin as perfect. She had an on again off again relationship with her husband. I thought they had divorced as he moved far away for many years, but I discovered they’d had another child and another prolonged separation before divorcing. In this dream there they were on a beautiful Summer’s day so happy together standing by a large table loaded with wedding gifts. Looking at my imperfect cousin as myself and the bridegroom as the biblical parable of the bridegroom being Jesus, it represented my imperfections and my on again off again relationship with religion/spirituality while the table full of gifts were waiting to be opened in embracing the relationship.

I went looking for my mother and found her in the waiting area of an old fashioned barbershop in earnest conversation with the priest who had officiated the wedding. I called thru the door if she were ready to depart. The priest hurriedly whispered into her ear then left without looking at me. In the dream I was concerned I had offended him, but upon waking I figured out Mom was my wise woman and the priest my higher self/God who would always give me the answers, my waking self did not need to be informed. I did not have to be concerned about how I led the meeting, the right words came without stressing over them.

Mom found her own way home apparently for I found myself pondering the barber shop wondering if the staff busy cleaning inside would like a walk in customer. A male staff member was leaving so I asked him, his reply was they were just goofing off in there and who knew if they wanted a client or not. I entered, asked even tho you are busy could someone cut my hair. The owner was annoyed at the male staff member I had been talking to, “He has no idea what we do in here,” and she warmly invited me to  be seated. We had a lovely conversation as she combed my hair and the rest of the staff, all females, joined us. I felt so welcomed and appreciated. My hair grew long and thick and shiny, spilling over the floor in gorgeous swirls of golden auburn, entwined with the hair of the women surrounding me, filling the floor with swirling lustrous  arabesques

All of the women in that group, the ones I was anxious over, have become as close to me as my sisters.

Embrace your dream life. It is a gift from the universal consciousness.

And I too got lost in the bliss of connection, it took forgetting to pay bills before I was compelled to rein it in. I also felt strong moods and irritability a few months into twice daily BtHoBY meditation. It was my ego struggling for recognition like a toddler throwing a tantrum. Dr Joe has led me to earnestly investigate many avenues of spirituality. The best meditation I have found to quell ego is 7-11 mins of in breath “I am not the body” exhale “I am not even the mind.”

I am the eternal soul who was here since time began. I am infinity, assimilating everything I require. All is one. At my best I recognize myself in everyone I encounter, we are each divine beings with ultimate power and responsibility. Ego evaporates in a poof when I set my personality self outside of my body and hand over the tiller to my soul. I find myself unconcerned about outcomes and curious about how my higher self will handle the situation. It is usually a wonderfully pleasant experience, even encountering unpleasant people. I especially enjoy turning my mind off at work and let my higher self do a very efficient assessment and execution of the workload while I observe my body in action.

I expect eventually you too will learn the difference between floating in the infinities during meditation opposed to being very joyously present in the moment, aware of everything surrounding you. Both are equally important and rejuvenating.

Wishing you success in all of your endeavors,
 Walk in Beauty
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline bkabse

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 01:23:57 PM »
Thank you for sharing your story with us Walk in Beauty! 🤗