SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: How to teach your body what you've never experienced  (Read 178 times)

Offline Marisa-k

How to teach your body what you've never experienced
« on: February 12, 2018, 11:18:55 AM »
Hi, I'm new to the forum and I've not yet done a workshop, but intend to asap. I've tried a few of the meditations and I'm curious about a couple of things.
1. "Can you teach your body..." and then lists states of being or emotions/feelings like joy, honour etc. If you've never experienced these states, how can you teach your body what that feels like? I get lost here and grapple with the complete failure I feel that I can't participate in the meditation fully because I can't relate to these positive states at all.
2. The squeezing of "energy" through the head... this feels dangerous to me and I feel like I'm going to pass out... nothing else happens except that I feel exhausted... I don't feel like I'm pushing energy only that I'm holding my breath and straining my blood vessels... any suggestions would be appreciated...
3. Why does Dr Joe use a robotic voice in the meditations?

I'd really appreciate any feedback, I'm at the end of my rope and have nowhere else to turn, so I'm doing the meditations, reading the books, but some guidance would be great from those who have achieved success from this path.

Offline Larry

• Massage Therapy
Re: How to teach your body what you've never experienced
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 09:21:23 AM »
Hello M

I think the best way to bring up an emotion is to begin by recalling some experiences in your life when you felt goodness. It doesn't really matter that the emotion is precisely the one you are  looking for at the moment. What have been some of the most wonderful experiences in your life??? I would start with those. Also recall the feeling from some uplifting movies that you love. This is definitely something that takes practice. I think you can do this!

L
may I be the softness I'd like to see in the world

Offline martina

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 06:03:10 AM »
Hi Marisa,

From what you're saying, I think you might be trying to bite off more than you can chew right now. This is the time to be gentle and patient with yourself and not beat yourself up and feel like a failure because you're not getting the results you think should be happening now. In my mind, the MOST important thing is that you ARE doing the work. And the MOST important thing is to stick with it. Every step, no matter how small, is a step forward.

As Larry suggests, go to any positive experience in your past, or any feel-good movies. Instead of trying to push energy around - I still have trouble with that - just focus on your breathing and try to relax into that beautiful liquid state where you're not thinking about your body, where you are, what time it is, and what you need to do once you're done with the meditation. This "zone" is an amazing place to be and experience without even conjuring up any emotions.

And I think Joe's robotic voice has to do with disengaging your mind so you can get into that "zone."

Hope this helps. Keep going - you can do it!
Martina

Offline Marisa-k

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 01:10:06 PM »
Thank you Martina and Larry, the encouragement is really appreciated. I understand what you're saying about using any past positive memories and movies or similar. I have had to rely on positive visuals on the web or make believe images and stories in my mind, simply because I cannot recall a single happy moment in the past 50 years... but the thought of connecting with that other dimension as described by so many in the testimonials from the workshops has given me renewed hope.

I can see that you're right on the money with what you said about biting off more than I can chew! I've always let things go because and not persevered because unless I could be good or perfect like others, then I didn't see the point of continuing with anything. But you're right, I just need to keep doing the work the best way I can each day and get better at is as I move forward.

Again I really am grateful for your kind encouragement!

Offline martina

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 05:54:01 AM »
Hi Marisa-k

Yup, don't stop no matter what.

Another really helpful woman in this forum, Naki, suggested a really cool meditation exercise to get in the "zone" - touch your nose with the tip of your finger. Then, slowly pull your finger away from your nose, but try to sense your nose hanging "out there" in space. Do that with different body parts. It's like sensing somebody is in your house without seeing them - but you can feel they are there.

I've started bouncing back and forth between Joe Dispenza's "rising water" meditation, and a meditative sound/video on YouTube so I can do it myself and see what comes up and how it goes.

Again, keep going!
Blissings,
Martina

Offline martina

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 05:56:52 AM »
Oh, forgot....

For feel-good experiences, hold a puppy or a kitten or a bunny. Or look at pictures and videos on YouTube.
Feel the love well up inside of you. This should help.

Martina