SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: How to start recreating yourself  (Read 784 times)

Offline tammonson

How to start recreating yourself
« on: January 11, 2018, 01:12:52 PM »
When you are a beginner, as far as starting to recreate yourself during meditation, is it best to start with one thing you want to change or can you shoot for the stars and try to recreate several traits/issues at once?

For example I have migraines and neck issues. That is definitely a priority, but I have been adding several of the things I want to change to my meditation. Is that too much? Am I on the right track? Any suggestions would REALLY be appreciated.

Thank you in advance   =)

Offline martina

Re: How to start recreating yourself
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 01:03:52 PM »
Hi tammonson

I'm not sure what other people do, but if I'm having any kind of physical pain or discomfort, I just keep breathing light into it.

But before you start focusing on that, you may want to ensure you are achieving that totally relaxed state. Dr. Joe describes this as the induction technique. Have you downloaded the water rising meditation? Highly recommend. The first 20 minutes or so are the "induction technique." I've found that when I've done that, once I'm really relaxed, any physical ailments that were bothering me have melted away - without having to focus on specifics.

One thing at a time. Don't overload yourself. That will stress you out. Try to get into that place where you don't feel your body, aren't thinking about time or space. Everything flows from there.

Hope this helps.
Martina

Offline tammonson

Re: How to start recreating yourself
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 01:19:50 PM »
Thank you Martina  =)

I have been using the body part induction, but also have the water rising one. Maybe I will try that one for a while to see what results I can achieve. I really like the idea of breathing light into the pain.  That's a great suggestion!

Thank you so much for the help.
Tammy