SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Does guided meditation work if my native language is different?  (Read 873 times)

Offline Anmary

Does guided meditation work if my native language is different?
« on: January 05, 2018, 09:34:05 AM »
Hello! I know here has to be smart person who can give an advice-  My native language is not English, but I understand it pretty well, but ...anyway still don't know all the English words that DR.Joe uses in his meditation... so the question is  my meditation qualitative and counts? Cause all the time i have to translate... or brain knowa the intention and works anyway?

Offline jameshenry

Re: Does guided meditation work if my native language is different?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 04:01:47 PM »
Focus on the following
1. Heart centered breathing - Box breathing, imagine the heart, focus your attention there and breathing in and out of it. Breath in (4 seconds slowly) hold for 4 seconds, breathe out 4 seconds, hold 4 seconds.
2. Write down a letter like F (for free) and write all the things this means to you on the left side of the paper and on the right, a feeling associated with those things.
3. The letter (F) or whatever you choose (H) for healing (M) millionaire is your intent. Do this before your meditation. The letter represents your intent and you're mind already knows what it is  you're after, the rest is feeling it into existence.

The rest is just quieting the mind and shutting down body parts. When you are doing the breathing, imagine shutting off your body parts. One by one. Eventually, you'll feel nothing, just an awareness of the fact that you exist. You'll know when you are there. It could happen in 5 minutes, or it could take a month.

IMO, the guided meditation is not needed. It's helpful, but the language of the body is feeling.
So.
1. Relax and breathe and get into the state.
2. When the body is gone, and you are "there" make a movie in your head and "FEEL" what it would feel like if it were real. FEELING is the secret.

Offline Anmary

Re: Does guided meditation work if my native language is different?
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 08:02:05 AM »
Thank you so much for advice! I will try like you say!
 I just wanted to know if guided meditation works if I don't know the meaning(translation) of few words....