SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Can't Feel Emotions due to Psychiatric Medications  (Read 402 times)

Offline MEPSHealing

Can't Feel Emotions due to Psychiatric Medications
« on: January 03, 2018, 12:42:03 PM »
I am new here and new to this program. Because I am on several psychiatric medications it is hard for me to fully feel emotions, especially the pleasurable ones ie: joy, happiness, excitement, pleasure etc. I am tapering my way off of the meds but it is a slow process as I have been on them for 10 years. As my doses get lower I am able to feel more & more but there is still a kind of veil or wall between me and my full emotions due to the meds.

Will I be able to manifest anything if I have trouble really feeling emotion?

Thank you!

Offline martina

Re: Can't Feel Emotions due to Psychiatric Medications
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 07:49:41 PM »

This is a tricky question.
I have never been on medications, so I'm not sure if this answer would be of any help to you.

I think our emotions are like any muscle, and yours have been wrapped up and un-used for quite awhile. Like re-habilitating a muscle, it will take awhile for you to bring them back so to speak.

We are all in a constant state of evolution. If you just try to do the best you can, I think you will move forward.
If you keep practising and can make things as real as possible for you in your own mind, I think you will make progress.

I don't think any two people experience emotions in the same way. It's so very individual.
You have desire, and hope, and that's a good thing.
Celebrate and be grateful for every step forward, and trust that you will get there - keep going!

Hope this helps if even a bit.

Offline Amber7353

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 08:45:52 AM »
Hi MEPSHealing,

I agree with Martina... I once had a psychiatric drug wipe out a physical sensation. So, I decided to just be with the sensation I had. It was very small. But I stayed with it- not fighting what I couldn't feel and not trying to feel more, just being with what was already there, and it re-connected to the full previous feeling.

In addition to just increasing presence with your day to day feelings - as a thing to practice already having in meditation, why not imagine that you already have the depth of your feelings? Imagine it as if they are already present. (?)

Offline Fangel

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 03:44:33 PM »
I find the blessing of the energy cenrtres..the heart centre specifically.. has made me feel more joy and gratitude.  But it does take time and effort.

I feel like I answered this in haste.  I too have the same issue, and although I do feel some sense of joy, sadness, etc., I don’t believe I feel emotions fully. I have wondered if it lessens our ability to rise above and become more conscious?
It’s been a question That’s been rolling around in my head, but I keep telling myself I can rise above my medications. They are of matter, and I am evolving into an energy being through meditation.
That’s how I basically resolve it in my mind.

Hope this helps.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 04:46:50 PM by Fangel »