SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Autonomic Neuropathy (Damage/Dysfunction)  (Read 140 times)

Offline Donnarose60

Autonomic Neuropathy (Damage/Dysfunction)
« on: December 14, 2017, 07:52:00 PM »
I suffered damage to my autonomic nervous system (autonomic neuropathy - not up for debate, it was diagnosed by specific electrophysiological tests), which is part of the central nervous system, and also peripheral nerve damage (neuropathy) as a result of a flu vaccine in 2012.  The story is long and ugly - but I am writing primarily because I have read in Dr. J's literature and from other sources that we are attempting to rewrite the rules in our autonomic nervous system and let it (the autonomic NS) take over from there (grand over-simplification, I know!).

One of the problems with autonomic neuropathy is that my heart and respiratory rate do not increase with exercise or strenuous activity.  So, my muscles fatigue near-instantly and I need to stop (or drop).  The long term consequence is that all of my muscles (and I mean ALL of them) have atrophied and are small and soft.  And no amount of effort or PT seem to change anything.  My muscles won't develop, build or condition.  I lost about 35 lbs and can't put it back.  I used to have to run 5-10 miles a day to maintain a low weight like this.  It's minor fun to eat whatever I want, but I'd give anything to sweat and work hard again!

ANYWAY, I am wondering if my nervous system might not work or respond to meditation and treatments that work on other people, for these purposes. 

What I am really saying is, "Is there hope?"  If anyone has had similar neurological injury, I would love to hear from you.  :)