SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: "Becoming natural" in epub?  (Read 341 times)

Offline Calispera

• Changing oneself to change the World
"Becoming natural" in epub?
« on: September 26, 2017, 07:23:59 AM »
I was trying to inform on the net about the next publishing of Joe Dispenza: "Becoming Supernatural".

From his website there are only two possibilities : hardcover, and ebook in kindle format.

As I don't like Amazon, and as I don't like to waste paper and trees (and prefer to read on a e-reader, without transporting the weight of my books), I would like to find it in the epub format. Does someone know if there will be such an option?

In my opinion, it would be a shame if Joe Dispenza publish his book (on ebook format) only on kindle format. It wouldn't be really democratic. But I'm fearing that it's what he did ;)

Offline Calispera

Re: "Becoming natural" in epub?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 06:17:13 AM »
I reply to myself ;-)

I put first my question, because the explanation leading to it is quite long, and not everybody will read that. 

Does someone know a web bookstore, selling "Becoming natural" in a standard epub version?

In fact, some weeks after I posted the previous message, I found that Kobo had added to their website the "epub" version of "Becoming supernatural". I downloaded the extract in epub from them without any problem. It was then for me logic, natural, even evident that the  complete version would be simple to download. I then bought the e-book. But NOoooooo! Practically it was not possible to download it on my e-reader. I lost half an hour searching on my computer which was the problem. Then I could get in contact with someone at Kobo via a chat window. I lost then more than one hour, trying to get an explanation. They were suggesting me to download their own programme on my computer in order to solve the problem. I did it, but it was disabling my older programme where I had archived all my e-books, making disappear the majority of my books (those I didn't buy at their store). And, mostly, it didn't help at all to download the epub on my e-reader. So it was a completely false solution.

After explaining and explaining again, they admitted that they were selling a new version of epub files, not compatible with my e-reader. In fact they new that from the beginning of our conversation, but tried to avoid to tell it too soon. And they accepted to refund the price of the book on my account.

What a lost of time and energy!

I consider them now as an inappropriate store, as I do for Amazon.

So, yesterday, I went to my bookstore (not a virtual one), as I had booked the hardcover version 6 weeks ago. Knowing that the publishing date was 31st of October, I was astonished not to have received an email notice that the book had arrived. And indeed, the book was there.

So I'm very glad, and I'm going on reading what I had already begun with the extract. I'm not very far, but it's enthusiasming.

The inconvenient is that the book is big and heavy, and, when I leave my apartment, I would prefer to read it on my e-reader (the reason that I want the hardcover version, is the lots of graphs, pictures etc., that cannot appear correctly on my e-reader).

Hmm, long talk for a very simple question. I'm still considering to buy the epub version (not sure, depending on the prize as well). I know that my e-reader cannot read "kindle" "nook", neither "kobo" books.

So, I repeat my question : does someone know a web bookstore, selling "Becoming natural" in a standard epub version?

Thanks in advance.

PS : If I give a so long explanation, it's in the aim of preventing other people to end up in the same situation.
I knew already that Nook, Kindle were not compatible to my e-reader (a Sony-one). Now I know that Kobo is not compatible either. And I think it's really a shame that the search for profit makes impossible a unique standard of e-books, and also that the upgrades of programmes disable the use of older programmes and force then to buy new devices. This is called programmed obsolescence.
I think it's important to make this problem visible in order to make people more conscious of it and put them in state of avoiding it as much as possible, in order also to lead enterprises to behave with more honesty.

Offline Calispera

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 02:07:31 PM »
I must be victim of my thoughts. Today I searched everywhere to find the ebook of Lynne McTaggart : "The power of eight", presented in a video with Joe Dispenza, in his last newsletter.

There are plenty of platforms in USA which are selling it, but they don't sell it outside the frontiers. So, here in Belgium, it stays a kind of illusion : very frustrating.

I'll have to let it go ;) ... surrender.... no attachment .....

Does someone read my messages?  I'm monologuing here..... probably do no harm, but I'm wondering ....

Offline Calispera

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 04:36:30 AM »
I found a platform  :) selling epubs in € . I even didn't have to subscribe with login or password, or to give my postal address, neither to download a specific programme.

Thanks for your help ;)