SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: The breathing excersise made me pass out  (Read 81 times)

Offline alexander_netherlands

• View Profile
The breathing excersise made me pass out
« on: July 17, 2017, 07:41:08 AM »
Dear All,

I have a question and I hope you can help me with that. Two weeks ago I did the progressie workshop and was thought about the pulling the mind out of the body exercise. With some practice I managed to get the sensation and I was getting better at it. The top of my head gave a nice sensation and later it also travelled down towards all my other body parts.

I've read somewhere that these sensations give similar EEG scans as for example a epileptic seizure that made me wonder how safe are these breathing exercises? Is there chance of waking up epileptic seizures in some way?

So today I was doing my breathing exercise in my hotelroom by my self and almost at the end of breathing exercise I found my self laying flat on the ground (where I started on a chair) with my head under another chair. The whole fall I didn't feel a thing..... As you can imagine this was a pretty scary experience and wanted to ask you if you have had similar kind of experiences a long the way? Is there somebody with experience - maybe somebody who attended a advanced workshop - who can tell me more about this phenomenon and it's 'safety features'?

I would really like to continue with these experiences and meditation and don't want this to get in my way of achieving wholeness. I hope you can help me!

Best regards,

Alexander

Offline Anja1111

• View Profile
Re: The breathing excersise made me pass out
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 10:34:09 PM »
Hi Alexander,

I am from the Netherlands to btw, but I wasn't at the workshop in Amsterdam (I will be in Madrid). Unless you have a history of seizures (in Dutch: epileptische aanvallen/toevallen) there is no way that the meditation techniques can cause such a thing. What you refer to is the brainwave pattern that is shown on an EEG when the brain reaches a gamma state, which produces real fast brainwaves. I read in the Habit of being yourself that these patterns LOOK LIKE there is something serious going on, but in reality this is not the case!

So it might be that you ego is playing around with you by using this concern as an excuse not to go into a deep relaxation. An btw: in the induction stage you don't produce gamma waves, but alpha waves, which cause slower cycles of the brain ;) So unless you epilepsy or another brain condition, nothing spooky can happen.

Our egos are geniuses at trying to keep it all in the same old pattern. Other people might get tension in their body, or experience anxiety the moment you fell on the floor.

It is important to STAY PRESENT, to stay alert during this stage of the meditation. At some point you probably fell asleep or so and the body took it all over again, by reading your story it sounds like that was happening to you the moment you "lost it".

So take it easy, one step at a time, take the time to get used to the induction technique. Stay conscious. Repeat in your head that all is well. Nothing dangerous can happen to you. It's all safe, otherwise Dr. Joe would have warned you that you can get "seizures", etc. which he doesn't. He only describes the surprise of some experts that saw the EEG pattern when people went into gamma :) It looked like their heart stopped beating etc. which was NOT the case, the had the brain pattern, which is something else than actually being in any kind of health danger!

I hope this helps. If you'd like to discuss this in Dutch feel free to send me a PM. If you have any concerns about your health, then consult your doctor, just for your own peace of mind. I am a registered nurse, so I am not a doctor, but I do have medical knowledge. It doesn't sound to me like you had anything to be scared about. From what you're writing, maybe you left out some stuff.

Remember that the body has become the subconscious mind and that it has many brilliant tricks to claim it's "manager position" that it doesn't want to give up ;) Don't let it win!
Love your Life Now!