SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: question about the book "breaking the habit of being yourself".  (Read 141 times)

Offline angelo

• View Profile
Hello all,
I hope you are doing well.

A quick introduce my name is Angelo, and I live in brazil and I am passionate about personal development specially books and events created by authors like deepak chopra, joe dispenza, echkart tolle, and so many like them. but as I said, I live pretty far away of this teachers what is a kind of barrier to my fast development. But that's ok, perhaps you could help me out with some questions in my head after reading this book more than once (amazing book).

question:

1-   In this book Joe trys to teach us show can we change our life by being bigger than what he calls "big three" so we can create a new personal reality after creating a new mind (100% Agree).

What I did not understand is when he says to us "be thankful ahead of the situation occur in your physical reality". For one side I understand  that is right, but for other hand I would say that if I am thankful  for something ahead in my life means that something is already here and if is already here I'm thankful for something outside of me, which means in my environment (like a good relationship, nice job, house, so on).

in others words, looks like I m back to be, even in a state of creativeness, selfish, wishing to be or have something for my own self. And thus I think myself  "my wishes would not be competing against another person (like a promotion or a new job post)"? who the universe is going to help?

For health issue I totally understand that we can create in our mind a new and health future because it's only on me and not competing against any other.

I hope someday bring doctor Joe to brazil.

thank you all,
namaste!
Angelo Pinheiro

Offline Smitsu

• View Profile
Re: question about the book "breaking the habit of being yourself".
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 09:35:12 AM »
Being selfish is loving yourself. You cannot love another person unless you love yourself first. Don't let that catholic guilt
rule your life. When you're filled with abundance, love and joy you have something to share with another person.
When you're in lack and unhappy with yourself there is nothing to share but misery. Love who you are. Create wealth and prosperity for yourself first, take care of you first, be a light onto others by being a light to yourself.

Offline Charlotte4711

• View Profile
Re: question about the book "breaking the habit of being yourself".
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 03:18:00 PM »
I've found that although my journey into the breaking the habit/creating a new me etc is in its infancy... you can't help be enamoured by the process so much so you ooze excitement and joy and gratitude so much you're bursting to share it with everyone... ;) I think it's contagious....  once you got it you just got to share it by default!!!! ;) x